Help whats wrong with my guppy.

I recently bought this 10 gallon for guppies I bought five ans all but one died i have two corys in here that have no problem and i put a group of babys from my other tank in here and they are doing fine. But this one is now sitting at the top of the tank and refusing to eat. She has a gravid spot that has turned pink. What is wrong with her? I know she is squared od but she has only been pregnant for like ywo weeks. IMG_5117.jpeg.06fa8197aa168cce73fc650e665889fc.jpeg

On 4/18/2024 at 10:21 AM, funnyseedknapp said:

I recently bought this 10 gallon for guppies I bought five ans all but one died i have two corys in here that have no problem and i put a group of babys from my other tank in here and they are doing fine. But this one is now sitting at the top of the tank and refusing to eat. She has a gravid spot that has turned pink. What is wrong with her? I know she is squared od but she has only been pregnant for like ywo weeks. Water parameters aee clear.IMG_5117.jpeg.06fa8197aa168cce73fc650e665889fc.jpeg

I can’t keep them alive from petsmart/co. It’s the genetics that have gotten weak. I’m guessing that’s your issue if your cories are fine. If you can find a local supplier you might have more luck with them 

• Like 1

On 4/18/2024 at 12:03 PM, TJ _isme said:

Your water may not be hard enough for the guppies, they love hard water

Water levels are hard so its not that.

On 4/18/2024 at 11:42 AM, johnnyxxl said:

What are your water numbers and how long was the tank setup etc.

Sorry i dont remember the numbers i can give them to you when i get home but 

On 4/18/2024 at 11:46 AM, Tony s said:

Also. Where did you get them from 

Green tree in indiana its a local fish store

On 4/18/2024 at 1:12 PM, mynameisnobody said:

If I was a betting man, I’d go with genetics being the biggest factor. Your best bet for quality livebearers is dans fish. It’s not the only place, but it’s a good start. 

Probably the ones i bred are doing great in the tank I just don’t know why she looks like that.

On 4/18/2024 at 11:42 AM, johnnyxxl said:

What are your water numbers and how long was the tank setup etc.

Tanks been set up for over two weeks i have already done a water change and even still I know how to do fish in cycles because i do them often.

• Like 1

On 4/18/2024 at 4:38 PM, funnyseedknapp said:

Green tree in indiana

cool. what city? I've been known to call The Reef in indy my lfs, and of course Aquarium world lafayette. one is an hour away. one is about 2 hours away. lfs is all relative

On 4/18/2024 at 5:21 PM, Tony s said:

cool. what city? I've been known to call The Reef in indy my lfs, and of course Aquarium world lafayette. one is an hour away. one is about 2 hours away. lfs is all relative

Clarksville indiana. They are a great place for fish and I have never had a problem but anytime we get guppies here they always die.

On 4/18/2024 at 7:16 PM, funnyseedknapp said:

Clarksville indiana

yeah, it could still be a sourcing issue. I'd say go look in Louisville. but the tolls are stupid high. Used to be they had good genetics, but they've been overbred for so many years, I'm not sure you can find good genetics. Maybe at dans fish. my daughter wants guppies, but we haven't been able to keep them yet. Okay, what she really wants is the platinum sailfin mollies, but i think i talked her down from that one. which was the equivalent of the, when you're 13 verdict that we came up with for the cell phone and axolotl. 🤣