Looking for leucistic dojos

Hi! Perhaps somebody in this community can help me -

I'm looking for leucistic dojo loaches. Gold (or pale) with BLACK eyes.

Not wild type weather loaches, absolutely not albino dojos. I haven't seen any of these leucistic guys for a few years and it's heartbreaking! Is there anybody still breeding them? No fish store I've spoken to has seen them on an order list. The last time I found them in a store was 2018, I believe. 

Their personalities are so much sweeter than the other lineages but I understand they are tricker to breed. 

Many thanks for any information or leads anyone can provide me with!

Pictured on the left my dear now-elderly Divot with her late partner (RIP 😭 I miss him so much too). She needs a new shoal and it *has* to be leucistic dojos.

IMG_1427.jpeg.cf7b2339afaece2ccdadbc55632aa93d.jpeg

• Love 1

On 4/17/2024 at 6:46 AM, Biotope Biologist said:

Interesting golden dojo and wild types are sold pretty commonly here in Seattle area. I do not know where you are located

I am in the Seattle-ish area! Only golds I can find are albino, gold eyes. I'm willing to drive anywhere in WA (they're illegal in OR!), or I'd mail order. The leucistics I found in 2018 were in Renton at Sierra Fish and Pets.

Posted (edited)

I checked with Cory (Edit: I actually emailed with store manager Brandon) first and he said to post here and Facebook, unfortunately. I called Aquarium Zen and no dice but thanks for the lead! I think albinos and wild types are more suitable for ponds, leucistics aren't nearly as feisty, but I will look into pond shops too anyway!

Follow up: no luck at Bridges, the guy I spoke with doesn't see any in the ordering system. Same answer I got from Farmland in Silverdale.

Thanks though! The search continues!

Edited by Natasha
  • Like 1