Electric Blue Acara, Coloring?

Hey All,

This is my first time keeping Electric Blue Acara. I got mine from Aqua Huna, does coloring come in as they get older? Mine are more of a silver body and white / light gray head. Rather than the typical dark gray head and metallic blue body. The smaller one in the pic of the whole 75 gal tank looks like it is still developing its dorsal fin as it doesn't have the orange stripe that the bigger one has. If it's not developmental I would need to start consider lighting or stress perhaps. 

1e663d3c-f84c-4f73-a4d4-609f0b016757.jpg

c1c20885-4e72-4980-8a6f-c155a4af994e.jpg

On 4/15/2024 at 12:17 PM, Ryan1988 said:

Hey All,

This is my first time keeping Electric Blue Acara. I got mine from Aqua Huna, does coloring come in as they get older? Mine are more of a silver body and white / light gray head. Rather than the typical dark gray head and metallic blue body. The smaller one in the pic of the whole 75 gal tank looks like it is still developing its dorsal fin as it doesn't have the orange stripe that the bigger one has. If it's not developmental I would need to start consider lighting or stress perhaps. 

1e663d3c-f84c-4f73-a4d4-609f0b016757.jpg

c1c20885-4e72-4980-8a6f-c155a4af994e.jpg

Once had pair that looked exactly like that when they were young. As they matured color got darker that's my experience with the EBA.

On 4/15/2024 at 1:49 PM, Tlindsey said:

Once had pair that looked exactly like that when they were young. As they matured color got darker that's my experience with the EBA.

They will also change color depending on mood and breeding.