Pseudomugil

Cinnebuns

I have been having an issue with my pseudomugil. Sorry if this post gets long, I want to give as much info as possible. 

The group is primarily luminatus but there are a couple gerturdea in there too. I got 8 of them as a rescue about a year ago. I'm not sure how old they were at the time so it's possible age is a factor here. I then got 6 more about 6 months ago. They have been dying off one by one every few weeks for the past 2 months. 

The tank is a 29 gallon. All other fish and shrimp are doing great. The tank is heavily planted. Parameters are:  Ammonia 0, nitrite 0, nitrate 10, ph 7.6, gh 14. Tank mates are: panda cories, thick-lipped gourami, honey gourami, green neon tetras, amano shrimp. 

I have seen no other signs of illness. Suddenly one will be doing poorly then pass. Other than that everyone is doing great. I'm stumped.

The odd random deaths every couple of weeks can be a caused by a parasitic infection have you notice any rapid breathing hanging out near the surface lethargy flashing spitting food out sunken belly white stringy poop loss of appetite @Cinnebuns

On 4/11/2024 at 8:54 PM, Colu said:

The odd random deaths every couple of weeks can be a caused by a parasitic infection have you notice any rapid breathing hanging out near the surface lethargy flashing spitting food out sunken belly white stringy poop loss of appetite @Cinnebuns

Haven't noticed anything like that. All that happens is out of nowhere one starts not doing well and not swimming well then it passes. 

This was one female I lost:

20240307_233737.jpg

20240307_233244.jpg

20240307_233651.jpg

Posted (edited)

Very few of the others showed symptoms though. I just found a dead body. One male currently isn't holding his fins up well though. See how the back end dips down when he stops swimming?

Edited by Cinnebuns