Fluval FX6 motor bushing/o-ring

Pyro

Trying to find the Fluval FX6 motor bushing/o-ring just that not the impeller or the service kit everywhere I have searched it keeps saying service kit I cant even figure out what type or what size it is cause that’s all I need to replace on mine and don’t need an impeller the one I have is almost brand new does Fluval have a look down on this so you have to buy the service kit every time?

On 3/21/2024 at 11:21 PM, Pyro said:

Trying to find the Fluval FX6 motor bushing/o-ring just that not the impeller or the service kit everywhere I have searched it keeps saying service kit I cant even figure out what type or what size it is cause that’s all I need to replace on mine and don’t need an impeller the one I have is almost brand new does Fluval have a look down on this so you have to buy the service kit every time?

I never owned a canister filter but I would try matching the old o-ring to one from home improvement store. 

On 3/21/2024 at 11:21 PM, Pyro said:

Have you tried calling or emailing Fluval? Or maybe your LFS has a contact person whose name they could give you, or maybe they could even contact them on your behalf? Or find Fluval's Twitter/Facebook/Instagram account and ask there?

Otherwise maybe you could find a used one on Facebook Marketplace or its equivalent, even a broken one, for parts.  That might be cheaper than the service kit.

Edited by Rube_Goldfish