Sick Saulosi

Spavilla

Picked up a pair of Saulosi yesterday. I put them in quarantine. The male is large and robust but the female seemed subdued and this morning, very sick. Can anyone identify the problem and perhaps offer a solution? TIA.

IMG_2430.jpeg

IMG_2429.jpeg

IMG_2428.jpeg

IMG_2427.jpeg

IMG_2426.jpeg

IMG_2423.jpeg

IMG_2424.jpeg

IMG_2425.jpeg

Could have been attacked by the male with the way the fins are shredded and redness to the side of the body  what I would do is a course of kanaplex to prevent any secondary bacterial infection if you can put a divider in to sperate the male from the female while she heals @Spavilla

You are the second with the same “diagnosis”. I do not have kanaplex on hand but it was suggested to use aquarium salt for same purpose. I removed the male earlier this morning, so she can convalesce in peace. Is the salt enough or should I get the kanaplex?

On 3/10/2024 at 1:46 PM, Spavilla said:

You are the second with the same “diagnosis”. I do not have kanaplex on hand but it was suggested to use aquarium salt for same purpose. I removed the male earlier this morning, so she can convalesce in peace. Is the salt enough or should I get the kanaplex?

You can use aquarium salt 1 table spoon for 2 gallons for a week see how she doing I would make sure I had kanaplex to hand just in case it get worse