Best plants for this tank?

So I have no clue if I asked something like this or not but I was wondering about some good kinda high light slow growing plants (got a kit light, it is LED but not sure if it is high or medium…) if that is a thing. The reason I said slow growing is because I have some anubias nana and Pearl weed + micro sword (lots of that) don’t have tons of room in this 10g but anyway thanks in advance of there is a answer, I just needed more plants for coverage because I might get some type of shrimp 🙂 

water paremeters with a good ph of 7.5 and nitrates 20 to 25 ppm

Which kit? In my experience with kits, the lights aren’t very powerful. They are good enough for Anubias, Java Fern and Crypts, but other plants might struggle (again, depending on your “kit”. I’m just generalizing).  I’ve bought several tank kits that came with the built in hood light and did ok with the low light/ slower growing plants. I did eventually change all of the out for glass lids and better lighting (over time) so I would be able to grow more variety of plants.

• Like 2

On 3/1/2024 at 2:12 PM, Whitecloud09 said:

The topfin all in one kit from petsmart @FLFishChik. Thanks for responding btw

I have the same Kits. I currently have the 29g and Ive got Anubias Barteri, Anubian Coffeefolia and Nana, Java Fern and Windelov, Cryptocoryne Tropica, Cryptocoryne Wendtii Green all doing really well. Pogostemon Stellatus Octopus was in there and doing very VERY well, But I removed it because it was took over the tank, tried to escape and eat my dog and am fairly sure it was working out how to strangle me in my sleep (j/k, but it was taking over everything and I was tired of constantly trimming it). I tried Vallisneria but it doesnt seem to do very well in the tank, neither did Pearl Weed. Also had a Dwarf Red Lily, but it's issue was I just couldn't keep it fertilized well enough (I had Named it Audrey 2.0 because every time I walked by, I swear it whispered "Feed Me, Seymour").

SO I think if you've got a lot of low light plants you'll be good to go, then you can try out a medium light plant here and there and see how they do for you.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Thanks so much! 

On 3/1/2024 at 2:42 PM, FLFishChik said:

tried to escape and eat my dog and am fairly sure it was working out how to strangle me in my sleep (j/k, but it was taking over everything and I was tired of constantly trimming it). 

😂 yeah some plants are RAPID growers but yeah I wouldn’t say my Pearl weed is doing that good sadly but micro sword is doing better since I put it in there, I get them all from AC, I will look into these and again, THANKS SOOO MUCH man, very helpful exactly the info I was looking for! 

• Like 1