Abnormal lump near the rectum

Yuping

I just treated my fish for internal parasite (after seeing stringy white poop). It got better after first week of treatment as per API instructions (general cure). Appetite and colour returned. However, days after, there is a lump near the rectum.  Is this parasite induced rectum prolapse? Should I continue  the second cycle of general cure treatment or should I continue or stop or do salt bath? I

VideoCapture_20240227-223228.jpg

VideoCapture_20240227-223232.jpg

That's a prolapse you would want to treat with epsom salt baths 1 table spoon for 1 gallon for no more than 15 minutes for 5 days as Epsom salt acts as a muscle relaxant to help your fish reabsorb the prolapse I would treat the prolapse first than follow up with another course of general cure @Yuping

On 2/28/2024 at 5:32 AM, Colu said:

That's a prolapse you would want to treat with epsom salt baths 1 table spoon for 1 gallon for no more than 15 minutes for 5 days as Epsom salt acts as a muscle relaxant to help your fish reabsorb the prolapse I would treat the prolapse first than follow up with another course of general cure @Yuping

Thank you so much for the advice!

• Like 1