😭😭 plss help! I've got fish with ich

FishQween

So recently I had an outbreak of ich in all my tanks and I've been treating with heat and seachem cupramine. The thing is, I've read that I should apply the treatment every other day for two weeks while the bottle says I should use it apply it on day 1 and day 3 and then leave it for 14 days without treating. Additionally, my local pet shop gal told me to apply every day for 3-5 days. I don't know what to do 😭

I used the method indicated on the bottle for my goldfish and they seem to be better, but it's only day 4. How can I be sure the ich won't come back? And if it does, what do I do?

Honestly, I'd follow the directions exactly. If you have sensitive fish and exceed the copper levels, you could injure your fish. Disregard anything not in the labelled directions. Trust the product to work. Ich by itself is not usually fatal when being treated. each white dot is kind of like an itchy mosquito bite. drives them crazy like it would you too. And have the copper absorbent compound ready to go in 14 days to clear your tank.

• Like 1

On 2/14/2024 at 8:15 PM, Tony s said:

Honestly, I'd follow the directions exactly. If you have sensitive fish and exceed the copper levels, you could injure your fish. Disregard anything not in the labelled directions. Trust the product to work. Ich by itself is not usually fatal when being treated. each white dot is kind of like an itchy mosquito bite. drives them crazy like it would you too. And have the copper absorbent compound ready to go in 14 days to clear your tank.

Okay. Thank you so much!!