Bump on Apistograma

J. Holmes

On 1/25/2024 at 4:05 PM, Colu said:

What are your water parameters ammonia nitrite nitrate pH KH GH temperature get you get a better picture 

Everything is reading good. Close to zero. Or between 0-10. My KH and GH are a little higher, but still within range for Apistos 

On 1/25/2024 at 9:08 PM, J. Holmes said:

Everything is reading good. Close to zero. Or between 0-10. My KH and GH are a little higher, but still within range for Apistos 

Does it look like a  prolapse or is it a lump or swelling 

On 1/25/2024 at 4:18 PM, Colu said:

Does it look like a  prolapse or is it a lump or swelling 

I have no idea… she’s so shy, it’s hard to tell. From what it seems it’s more like a lump. I’ve never had this on any of my other fish before. 
IMG_1073.jpeg.953c2b3a569e91ea5dbfd12765637be4.jpeg

We're it's located it could be a prolapse you would want to treat with epsom salt baths 1 table spoon for 1 gallon for no more than 15 minutes for 5 days as Epsom salt acts as a muscle relaxant to help your fish reabsorb the prolapse I would fast for a couple of days or it could also be a benign growth or a tumor I would also do course of maracyn2 active ingredient minocycline also has anti-inflammatory properties just in case there's a bacterial component@J. Holmes

Edited by Colu

On 1/25/2024 at 4:43 PM, Colu said:

We're it's located it could be a prolapse you would want to treat with epsom salt baths 1 table spoon for 1 gallon for no more than 15 minutes for 5 days as Epsom salt acts as a muscle relaxant to help your fish reabsorb the prolapse I would fast for a couple of days or it could also be a benign growth or a tumor I would also do course of maracyn2 active ingredient minocycline also has anti-inflammatory properties just in case there's a bacterial component@J. Holmes

With the epsom salt… do you put her in a small bowl then remove and back into the separate tank with meds?  

On 1/25/2024 at 9:46 PM, J. Holmes said:

With the epsom salt… do you put her in a small bowl then remove and back into the separate tank with meds?  

I use a 1 gallon container or jug leave for 15 minutes then I would move back to the tank if your going use maracyn2 I would quarantine and treat 

If you have a quarantine tank you could just add some Epsom salt 1 table spoon for 3 gallons for 5 days while treating with maracyn2 instead of doing the epsom salt baths @J. Holmes