How to super glue plant to piece of rock?

I usually put a couple drops where I want to attach and place either the roots or rhizome on the glue. Hold until secured. I try to not to get much glue on rhizomes. Eventually the roots will take hold and secure the plants even more. As for vertical or horizontal, I don't think it matters. I know that anubias will slowly grow and turn leaves towards the light. I mostly do horizontal, but have grown them well vertical too.

What plants are you going to attach?

• Like 1

On 1/24/2024 at 6:10 PM, mtnmonster said:

I usually put a couple drops where I want to attach and place either the roots or rhizome on the glue. Hold until secured. I try to not to get much glue on rhizomes. Eventually the roots will take hold and secure the plants even more. As for vertical or horizontal, I don't think it matters. I know that anubias will slowly grow and turn leaves towards the light. I mostly do horizontal, but have grown them well vertical too.

What plants are you going to attach?

I am going to attach windelov Java Fern.

• Like 1

Same method as anubias. Put some on where you want it to be then press in fern. Gel works really well because it mostly stays where you want it. And not all over you. Try watching “the small scape” on YouTube. Especially her latest one for technique 

• Like 1

On 1/24/2024 at 7:39 PM, Tony s said:

Same method as anubias. Put some on where you want it to be then press in fern. Gel works really well because it mostly stays where you want it. And not all over you. Try watching “the small scape” on YouTube. Especially her latest one for technique 

I watched Cory do it from a old vid on YouTube and o see now. Can I leave live plants in the pot in tank btw? @Tony s?

The Anubis plant?

On 1/24/2024 at 9:33 PM, Tony s said:

You can leave them in the pot they come in(if they come in pot). Temporarily. Cory makes a rock-like pot holder for more permanent. Not sure how anubias or Java fern come though. Ordered lots from coop. But not those 

Just ordered one and coming tomorrow. (the plant holder) I guess I will see what happens!!!

On 1/24/2024 at 4:55 PM, Bigdog99 said:

How do I super glue (the gel kind)it? Putting it on my decor cave and do I attach it vertically or horizontally???? This for my 10 gallon aquarium….

After losing my mind over a year ago trying to figure out how to get plants attached, I made this thread.  And I learned a ton.  I think it's worth a read.  I now put glue on the plant and glue it underwater.  It's 100x faster and so much easier.

• Like 1

On 1/25/2024 at 10:00 AM, Bigdog99 said:

Water has evaporated a LOT since the start of things….ph is 7.4 I believe. I don’t use sponge filters and have never sooooo what do u mean by me showing a pic? I am already in the btw….

??? This a 10 gal…. Do I add ammonia or no…

Ok I will!

Less is more with gel. I find that big globs don't set very well, but small dots and very thin layers do much better. 

I also try to cut the roots back as much as I can so I get better contact between the rhizome and what I'm attaching it to. 

• Like 1

On 1/25/2024 at 12:42 PM, TOtrees said:

Less is more with gel. I find that big globs don't set very well, but small dots and very thin layers do much better. 

I also try to cut the roots back as much as I can so I get better contact between the rhizome and what I'm attaching it to. 

Thanks