Ich on my cherry barb? Possibly another disease?

Seshia

Hi, I got home from work today and found these white marks on one of my cherry barbs. I can't imagine it's a good sign and would like advice.

PH is 6.8

Ammonia is <.25 and being bound by prime (we just changed filters)

Nitrite is 0

Nitrate is ~30

GH is 5

KH is 6

The white marks are only on one side of his face. There has been some mild flashing in my tank, with maybe 1 fish getting itchy every 2 days or so.

Possible ich 4.jpg

@Colu Unfortunately he really likes to swim clockwise around the tank (looking down from above) so it's hard to get a good picture of this side of him. My fish also tend to dislike being in front of a camera. Because of this, I couldn't get anything better than this after half an hour of trying.

On 1/12/2024 at 1:12 AM, Seshia said:

@Colu Unfortunately he really likes to swim clockwise around the tank (looking down from above) so it's hard to get a good picture of this side of him. My fish also tend to dislike being in front of a camera. Because of this, I couldn't get anything better than this after half an hour of trying.

Does the marks have a fuzzy appearance to them any Reddening 

On 1/11/2024 at 5:49 PM, Colu said:

Does the marks have a fuzzy appearance to them any Reddening 

There is no redening that I can see, but that is difficult to tell on a cherry barb. They look more pitted than anything, like he's missing some scales.

On 1/12/2024 at 2:10 AM, Seshia said:

There is no redening that I can see, but that is difficult to tell on a cherry barb. They look more pitted than anything, like he's missing some scales.

It could be an injury were he's swim into something in the tank I would just monitor for now if he gets worse then I would quarantine and do a course of kanaplex 

On 1/11/2024 at 9:14 PM, Colu said:

It could be an injury were he's swim into something in the tank I would just monitor for now if he gets worse then I would quarantine and do a course of kanaplex 

That could be possible. We had a bunch of them playing in the flow from the new filter and some of them were being tossed by it on occasion. He could have hit the driftwood in the tank.