Angelfish Eggs Not Hatching

Bailey_C

Hello, 

I have had this occur many times but never been bothered because I wasn’t really prepared to raise fry and thought to myself, “if they breed and raise them on their own, then cool, and if not, oh well”. However, I would like to raise some fry now from my koi angelfish. 
I have a breeding pair that have successfully laid eggs many times. Every time they lay, for the first day the eggs look awesome, then the second day there will be a few that look like they have turned completely white/cloudy, then the third day the majority if not all will be that way, then they eventually are just all gone. Idk if the just decide to eat them since they won’t hatch or what. 
I have tried removing some of the white eggs when I saw them at first as well, and it just doesn’t seem to prevent them from all getting that way. 
I have tried taking the eggs away from the parents and the eggs still did the same thing. I will try to include photos and update this next time they lay. Has anyone ran into this problem before and any advice on helping with this would be much appreciated 

White eggs are either unfertilized or fungus contaminated. I currently have 2 pairs of angels (one koi, one of marble) in a 75g. One pair at either end. Hard to control fungus other than what you're doing. Sometimes the entire brood is just not fertilized. had one clutch like that last week. Young angels will eat fry and sometimes eggs until they learn. Mine have become decent parents but they've only made it to free swimmers recently. Instead of watching them eat their fry, now they're really good about taking them in their mouths when they swim off and depositing them back where the parents want them to be. I still think some get swallowed that way. 

So, yeah, you seem to be doing this mostly correctly. If they're unfertilized, nothing can be done. If they have fungus, removing is the only solution. unless you want to try taking all of them and hand rearing them. I haven't tried that yet. been nervous about damaging the eggs. Have only tried removing the wigglers into a breeding box. The pair of marbled likes to lay their eggs on filter intake.