New canister filter.

BuzzDaddy21

Just a little update, it's been a while since I posted anything.

I hope everyone is doing well.

I decided to get the Fzone 15L canister filter because other than media everything is included. Holds a ton of whatever you want. 15L is just under 4 gallons.

Both intake/outtake seals were leaking, and I know the outtake had a crushed seal, so I did replace it and the intake I also replaced the seal but still had leaking for some reason. 

I did contact Fzone and they wanted a video of the problem and I said crap, but I put everything back together today and for some reason no leaking, I was confused. Whatever the reason it was probably my fault.

A couple of pics maybe.

That green pan I actually an oil pan, put canister filter in just in case, I didn't want to clean up another mess. 

The canister filter I took off had four trays plus a pre filter but was just a pain to maintain. 

The Fzone canister is super easy to clean, should be able to go somewhere between 3 and 6 months before it needs cleaning, will find out.

Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year to all.

Be safe.

IMG_4124.JPG

IMG_4125.JPG

IMG_E4125.JPG

IMG_E4124.JPG

• Like 2
  • Love 1

On 12/18/2023 at 3:16 PM, Galabar said:

Rubbermaid tub or something similar is a good idea.

Yes, I agree however I did this because I did have a leak when I got water in the lines (No pump working yet.) and I will probably leave in this oil pan for a while.

I will never get a canister filter that uses trays, I`ll stick with Fzone filters.

Good video for sure.