CO2 help

I'm running a reactor for my pressurized CO2 on my 190 gal tank. I think my bubbles per min is around 25 or so. I can not see a pH swing or signs that the CO2 is making it into the tank. 

The reactor has its outflow going into the intake of the main pump and I'm wondering if the impeller for the main pump is breaking up the CO2 and it's off gassing. 

The CO2 reactor is running 300 gal/hr and the main pump is 900 gal/hr, my question is if I plumb in the CO2 outflow inline with output of the main drive pump, what kind of one way check valve would i need that can stop the main drive pump from back filling the CO2 reactor. 

• Like 1

I do not know for certain, but I would imagine something like this works.  It's just a Y Check valve.  It stops back pressure on one line. So Installing one of these on each output?

GF_check_valve_side-sw_60966376-41e7-4122-a055-a24bb8f8e49c_800x.webp

gf_y_check_valve_drawing-sw_7150e53b-fad4-48aa-ab87-087a4db6dc74_500x.webp.1b56ba3e843f3f782fe506ca7a02c014.webp

The Y-Check valve Type 304 is a weighted angle check valve and is used to automatically stop flow in the back direction when the fluid in the line reverses. The valve closes by the dead weight of the weighted seat and functions when mounted in either the horizontal or vertical plane. Y-Check valve Type 304 is superior to spring loaded checks for corrosive service since they are not temperature sensitive. Y-Check valves generally have lighter shut-off characteristics than ball checks at the same pressures. The valve requires 2.9 PSI differential pressure for tight seal and 0.29 PSI process pressure to fully open.

Edited by nabokovfan87

• 2 months later...
On 12/13/2023 at 10:53 PM, Jeremy Shives said:

I'm running a reactor for my pressurized CO2 on my 190 gal tank. I think my bubbles per min is around 25 or so. I can not see a pH swing or signs that the CO2 is making it into the tank. 

The reactor has its outflow going into the intake of the main pump and I'm wondering if the impeller for the main pump is breaking up the CO2 and it's off gassing. 

The CO2 reactor is running 300 gal/hr and the main pump is 900 gal/hr, my question is if I plumb in the CO2 outflow inline with output of the main drive pump, what kind of one way check valve would i need that can stop the main drive pump from back filling the CO2 reactor. 

I figured this out for anyone reading this old post looking for answers, I hooked the reactor up wrong (incoming water going in the wrong port) 

My CO2 is working currently 👍

• Like 2