ACO heater flashing weird codes

Rube_Goldfish

I bought two ACO heaters for a 55 gallon tank in October of 2022 and have been running both at 78°F since flooding the tank in mid-November. Starting yesterday, I saw that one (but not the other) started flashing weird codes that don't match any of the error codes on the instruction sheet. I unplugged it, let it stay off overnight (the other heater seems to be handling the whole tank just fine on its own for now), and now plugged it back in, and it started displaying the weird codes again.

In order, the heater displayed:

77, 9.6, 9.7, 9.8, 9.9, 77, AO, 60 [very quickly], 67 [blinking], 68 [blinking], AO, 60, CO, d1, 68 [blinking], 69 [blinking], 70 [blinking], AO, 71 [blinking], 72 [blinking], AO, 60, CO, d1, 73 [blinking], AO, 74

And then so on. The change from one to the next is quick enough that I had to shoot a quick video in order to write them down; all that was displayed in 26 seconds. I don't know if it loops; I didn't wait long enough to find out.

Has anyone else had any similar experience with the ACO heater? Other than this confusion, these things are great, and the other one is running like a champ.

I had one do something similar, though it seemed to me to be flashing temperatures, rather than error codes, bit like yours it was too fast to really tell. And the 'heating' light was also going off and on.

Customer service took care of it for me very quickly.

Edited by Katherine
  • Love 1

On 12/9/2023 at 3:11 PM, Sarina said:

If you want to make things move more quickly, you can attach the video to the email, we use video and photo references to make improvements with the manufacturer 🙂 

If I can figure out how to do that, I will attach the video, yes. Thanks again!

On 12/9/2023 at 3:32 PM, Katherine said:

Customer service took care of it for me very quickly.

Not to make this sound too much like a commercial or anything, but that's why I buy with confidence from Aquarium Co-op, because I know the products are good and the customer service is second to none.

• Like 3