grindal worms for pygmy cory

HelplessNewbie

I managed to keep my starter kit of grindal worms going and have started feeding the worms to my community 20g that has pygmy cory, ricefish, endlers and 1 amano shrimp. I use a feeder tube to blast the worms closer to the substrate.

However, the other fish are quick on the draw, so the cory miss out. By the time they come out, all the worms are eaten. Any tips on feeding the worms to the cory, other than spreading a huge amount throughout the tank? I already tried distracting the others with other food, but they have figured me out.

Also, how much and how often should they have the grindal in my fish' diet?

On 12/5/2023 at 8:32 PM, Chick-In-Of-TheSea said:

That looks like a neat product, but I don't see how it keeps the other fish from eating the food intended for the pygmy cory. Are you suggesting that I place the tube against the plate strategically, so that only the cory can squeeze into the tube?

On 12/6/2023 at 10:55 AM, HelplessNewbie said:

That looks like a neat product, but I don't see how it keeps the other fish from eating the food intended for the pygmy cory. Are you suggesting that I place the tube against the plate strategically, so that only the cory can squeeze into the tube?

What I do is use the tube without the suction cups, and I point it at the fish I am trying to target feed.

• Like 1