SeaChem PolyGuard?

Galabar

So as a disclaimer, I have not used PolyGuard. It is (per Seachem) not safe for invertebrates so that's already a core difference. Malachite green (one of the active ingredients in Ich-X) is the only common ingredient. Aside from the quinacrine dihydrochloride I'm not seeing any actives that would treat internal parasites either, and I don't believe that quinacrine is able to kill nematodes. Since internal parasites are the most common cause of illness that I experience that is also not effectively treated by salt, I would personally not buy it as I prefer to use Prazi Pro (praziquantel) and Expel P (levamisole hydrochloride).

Given limited information about the other actives, sulfathiazole and nitrofurantoin are very likely their replacement for erythromycin. I've actually used quinacrine to treat giardia in dogs (unfortunately unsure if it was dihydrochloride or another form) so I would assume that it is also a part of the treatment for ich and other protozoan parasites in tandem with the malachite green.

I'm interested to see if anyone else on the forum has used this as now you've gotten me curious.

Several months ago, I bought some guppies from ACO and stupidly introduced them to my guppy tank without quarantine.  I figured ACO quarantines.  So, I should be Ok.  Mistake.

Fish started dying, sometimes with slight red markings on them, but often with no outward issues at all (mostly nothing external) The PolyGuard fixed the issue.