What is the best quarantine for parasitic diseases for possibly wild caught fish?

KittenFishMom

I bought 15 otocinclus today. They might be wild caught. What is the best quarantine treatment in case they are carrying parasites? I have 3 Fritz products. Expel-P(exp 06/21/23) , ParaClense (exp 06/20/23), and Fritz Aquatics Mardel Parashield (exp 08/19/25). the first 2 are powders, the last is liquid.

Expel-P: active ingredient : 113mg levamisole hydrochloride

ParaCleanse: active ingredients: 250 mg metronidazole and 75mg praziquantel

Parashield: Active ingredients: Capsaicin Oil, Chitosan, D-Limonene, Manuka Oil, Neem Oil

I'm hoping someone, maybe @Colu, can tell me which of these three would be the best to use on otocinclus, and the best treatment plan for using it.  

The fish look lively and are swimming around and hanging on the sides of the aquarium like they do in everyone's' videos.  I normally wait for symptoms, but I know wild caught fish are likely to have parasites, and I don't know the symptoms, until the fish as loosing weight and not doing well.

Any experience or advice is welcome.

Thanks.

On 11/8/2023 at 10:35 PM, KittenFishMom said:

I bought 15 otocinclus today. They might be wild caught. What is the best quarantine treatment in case they are carrying parasites? I have 3 Fritz products. Expel-P(exp 06/21/23) , ParaClense (exp 06/20/23), and Fritz Aquatics Mardel Parashield (exp 08/19/25). the first 2 are powders, the last is liquid.

Expel-P: active ingredient : 113mg levamisole hydrochloride

ParaCleanse: active ingredients: 250 mg metronidazole and 75mg praziquantel

Parashield: Active ingredients: Capsaicin Oil, Chitosan, D-Limonene, Manuka Oil, Neem Oil

I'm hoping someone, maybe @Colu, can tell me which of these three would be the best to use on otocinclus, and the best treatment plan for using it.  

The fish look lively and are swimming around and hanging on the sides of the aquarium like they do in everyone's' videos.  I normally wait for symptoms, but I know wild caught fish are likely to have parasites, and I don't know the symptoms, until the fish as loosing weight and not doing well.

Any experience or advice is welcome.

Thanks.

What I would do is wait a couple of days make sure there eating well and have round bellys  then I would  treat with levamisole once a week for 3 weeks do 3 course of paracleanse two weeks week as there wild caught the chance of them having a parasitic infections is quite high the combination of the two medication will treat most commonly encountered parasites 

• Thanks 1