A re-introduction.

ange

Hi all! I went through quite a few life changes that led to me stepping away from the internet for quite awhile. I took the occasional peek at the forum during that time and now I am finally in a position to participate again! My current state of the hobby is the offspring of the sparkling gouramis that I have shown previously, the Amano shrimp (some old and some new), some new (2021) honey gouramis, and miscellaneous catfish! I have grown into a gourami lover and am expecting some licorice gouramis to arrive this week. All things considered my "active" tanks are a 20 long, a 15 cube, and a 10 leader. In spite of the new additions, I'm not in a stage of expansion in my hobby and definitely in a stage of appreciation.

Unfortunately my angelfish that I adored passed earlier this year (the male was almost 10 years old!) and my 50 hex has been empty since then 😞 I'm considering converting it into a waterfall style paludarium, although I'm not quite in a position where I'm able to take on such a project. Energy has been in short supply.

• Like 1

On 11/6/2023 at 4:48 AM, Ruud said:

Hello and welcome back! Do share your photo's of your Gourami's - I currently do not have any but do love Gourami's! 

Here are a few that I've taken from my folders! The tank in the second photo is the 10 gallon and it's actually received some driftwood and crypts since the photo was taken. It's been slowly undergoing the transformation needed for the licorice gouramis that I'm anticipating.

My current workplace has an aquaponic greenhouse so I've included a few photos of the fish that we have. The 29 gallon was a temporary experiment for aquaponics that was replaced with my 20 long. I found that the terrestrial plants blocked too much light and returning to the 20 gallon setup made maintenance more consistent.

20220421_175739.jpg

20230209_212003.png

20220704_100344.jpg

20230628_150526.jpg

20230628_150456.jpg

20230706_135412.jpg

to_be_continued.png

• Love 1