Goldfish has white pimple on mouth

Ken J

Folks,

About a month ago my goldfish Torpedo developed a  white pimple-looking thing on the upper mouth. Now there are a few more. Torpedo seems to be healthy. Still loves to eat so I am not sure if this is an issue or not. Any idea what these white pimple things are and should I be concerned?

The picture is attached.

Thank you,

Ken

Torpedo white bumps 2.jpg

I believe this is caused by a parasite.  I've encountered this a few times. I would try Fritz Paraclense as a food soak.  I would do one five day, food soak treatment, feeding twice a day, wait 5 days and repeat.

But wait for a @Colu and see if he can advise.  Colu has helped me with good advise more than once.  

On 11/4/2023 at 12:05 AM, ShineOn75 said:

I believe this is caused by a parasite.  I've encountered this a few times. I would try Fritz Paraclense as a food soak.  I would do one five day, food soak treatment, feeding twice a day, wait 5 days and repeat.

But wait for a @Colu and see if he can advise.  Colu has helped me with good advise more than once.  

I have seen these spots/pimple before and they respond well to aquarium salt 1 table spoon for 3 gallons for a week just remember to only put back in what you take out so if you do a 3 gallon water change put 1 table spoon of aquarium salt back in @Ken J

I would do what @Colu advises and start with salt.  Always best to start with less aggressive treatments and move on to more aggressive treatments (antibiotics) if needed.  In retrospect, I should have suggested aquarium salt first.

If you do use paracleanse as a food soak, I would also add fresh garlic squeezed from a garlic bulb.  Remove a clove or two from the garlic bulb,  and squeeze the juice into the container containing the Paraclense.  Let it soak for at least 30 minutes.  This causes the Paraclense to bind to the garlic juice so that your fish can digest it easier. Plus your fish get positive benefits from the garlic. 

But again, I'd go with Colu's advice first. He has much more experience than I do and is the bellwether of fish husbandry on these forums, IMHO.  Much respect.  I learn tons from @Colu

Edited by ShineOn75