Dead kuhli loach

Attack_muffin

On 10/31/2023 at 10:16 PM, TheSwissAquarist said:

Anything could be possible - from internal parasites to chlorine in the water. 
Are there any other fish in the tank? 

Heat could be a problem - kuhlis prefer 26 Celsius and under in my experience. 

The tank has ember tetras which are doing fine. And the other kuhlis in there that I saw seemed OK as well.

On 11/1/2023 at 12:51 AM, TheSwissAquarist said:

Probably internal parasites then. Treat the tank with Expel-P if you’re cautious, but I wouldn’t unless some other fish started dying. 

Yeah hopefully the rest do well. By the way, would you have any other parasite medicine recommendations as I can't find fritz stuff locally.

What's standing out is the temperature that's on the high side for kuhli loach it's possible your other fish have adapted to the higher temperatures the new loach died due to a combination of stress and high temperature is there any reason you you are keep you tank at 28-30 what I would do is gradually lower it to 25-26  higher temperatures also lower the levels of desloved oxygen so I would make sure you have plenty of surface agitation and add an extra air @Attack_muffin

On 11/1/2023 at 7:06 AM, Colu said:

What's standing out is the temperature that's on the high side for kuhli loach it's possible your other fish have adapted to the higher temperatures the new loach died due to a combination of stress and high temperature is there any reason you you are keep you tank at 28-30 what I would do is gradually lower it to 25-26  higher temperatures also lower the levels of desloved oxygen so I would make sure you have plenty of surface agitation and add an extra air @Attack_muffin

That's just the room temp. And the room doesn't have AC or anything.

On 11/1/2023 at 1:01 AM, Attack_muffin said:

That's just the room temp. And the room doesn't have AC or anything.

So it would be difficult to lower the temperature without getting ac or getting a chiller unit for your tank in long run