Hi!

pancake

After doing alot of research, I hope to start a freshwater community tank sometime. There is so much I've learned and am still learning. I am one of those people who once they take interest in something, they kinda fixate on it.

I'm a newbie that live in the States and I currently don't have any fish. As a kid I had a Betta but he was more my mom's. I just got to feed him and name him (Saturn). He was also taken care of in a different way than the ways that are suggested today. He still lived a long time, but he was pretty angry. That's as far as my hands on experience is currently.

I currently have 4 small dogs, 2 boys and 2 girls. 3 dogs are seniors and one dog is under a year. I don't want to get any more dogs ever, because I love mine and it's important to me that they all knew each other. Probably a weird thing, but whatever. Two of mine really slowed down this year and they both got really sick. Although they are recovered (yes they had vet attention), they are still different than before they got sick. They are both at the end of their estimated life span. Though the one that isn't as close to their estimate range had life long bladder issues that require a special diet so I'm sure that unfortunately effects the estimate. Anywho, to get to the point of this paragraph, I thought fish will be a good pet for my future for various things I'm not going to list because this post is already long.. but I'm very interested 🐳

I decided to join a forum. Mostly because I have a question I want to ask people, about something that isn't talked about as much anymore (I'll post that in the appropriate area later instead of here) but I also thought when I get my tank, I may want to take a few pics and share it with other aquarists now and then. And, I'm sure Ill find great info while browsing around here from experienced keepers so it is all win.

So, Howdy👋

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/27/2023 at 6:19 PM, pancake said:

After doing alot of research, I hope to start a freshwater community tank sometime. There is so much I've learned and am still learning. I am one of those people who once they take interest in something, they kinda fixate on it.

I'm a newbie that live in the States and I currently don't have any fish. As a kid I had a Betta but he was more my mom's. I just got to feed him and name him (Saturn). He was also taken care of in a different way than the ways that are suggested today. He still lived a long time, but he was pretty angry. That's as far as my hands on experience is currently.

I currently have 4 small dogs, 2 boys and 2 girls. 3 dogs are seniors and one dog is under a year. I don't want to get any more dogs ever, because I love mine and it's important to me that they all knew each other. Probably a weird thing, but whatever. Two of mine really slowed down this year and they both got really sick. Although they are recovered (yes they had vet attention), they are still different than before they got sick. They are both at the end of their estimated life span. Though the one that isn't as close to their estimate range had life long bladder issues that require a special diet so I'm sure that unfortunately effects the estimate. Anywho, to get to the point of this paragraph, I thought fish will be a good pet for my future for various things I'm not going to list because this post is already long.. but I'm very interested 🐳

I decided to join a forum. Mostly because I have a question I want to ask people, about something that isn't talked about as much anymore (I'll post that in the appropriate area later instead of here) but I also thought when I get my tank, I may want to take a few pics and share it with other aquarists now and then. And, I'm sure Ill find great info while browsing around here from experienced keepers so it is all win.

So, Howdy👋

Welcome 🙂

Edited by JoshuaClark