Guppy aggresion

Fishkeeper1010

Hi all, I noticed I got a trio of guppies yesterday for my 10 gallon tank as a breeding project. I got 1 dumbo ear red tail male and two koi females. The male is chasing the two females which is quite normal but 1 of the larger female keeps pecking and chasing the smaller female. Is this normal and how should I stop it?

With guppies, I have had males bully each other, I have not seen my females do this. Either way, adding plants to break up the chase path might do the trick. I've also had luck from isolating the bully in a breeder net inside the tank for a day or two and then releasing them.

I do have plants in the tank I’m sure she could hide if she wanted to but she keeps swimming out and about, which is good I guess. The larger female is only about 1/4 of an inch larger but she likes nipping at the smaller one especially during feeding time. I will keep monitoring them. 

I have def seen this happen before. Female aggression is a thing that can happen. Typically, just like with males, they are working out the pecking order. My advice is to allow them to work it out but also keep an eye on them to make sure it doesn't get too aggressive. In my experience, it doesn't last long term and get deadly like with males.