Med Trio caused my water to get cloudy and my Nitrite to spike

Teacups

Update: this afternoon she was much more active, swimming around. I got a pic of her even. The fuzz looks mostly gone, and I can see the damaged skin underneath.

This evening she is hiding in her cave and seems in a very bad way. I know it’s the last day of medicine, but I did an extra water change. I don’t know if she’ll make it through the night or not. She’s currently sitting on the bottom of the tank not moving. She perked up during the water change and then settled down in her corner hiding spot. We’ll see if she makes it through the night…

If she makes it, I may give her a few days and then reevaluate course of action. The treatment seemed to have worked, but I’m not sure she’s strong enough for it. And now her fin is starting to show some fin rot. 

IMG_0290.jpeg

IMG_0293.jpeg

• Like 1

Final update. Little girl did not make it. She seemed to perk up a bit after that water change last night, but by this morning she had passed.

thank you all for your help and advice throughout. I learned a lot, and now I have so many more meds on hand at home!

• Sad 1

On 10/31/2023 at 12:59 PM, Teacups said:

Final update. Little girl did not make it. She seemed to perk up a bit after that water change last night, but by this morning she had passed.

thank you all for your help and advice throughout. I learned a lot, and now I have so many more meds on hand at home!

Sorry to hear that at least to you did everything you could keep a very close eye on your remaining fish any symptoms start to treat straight away with kanaplex and jungal fungus clear fizz tabs 

• Like 2