What's this thing on the glass?

Lennie

Yesterday this tank had a water change and I cleaned glasses with sponge. Today I saw this:

image.jpeg.1b79033ad343311a41aee5a9b4a123b1.jpegimage.jpeg.e8a25de3c6c135adb936cd4c44883fe0.jpeg

What is this exactly?

The tank has neocaridina shrimps, red grass guppies, and only one ramshorn snail. Is this something like an attempt of ramshorn self fertilizing and laying eggs? Looks like there are two tiny lil bubble looking things inside whatever this is. 

On 10/17/2023 at 3:15 PM, Lennie said:

Yesterday this tank had a water change and I cleaned glasses with sponge. Today I saw this:

image.jpeg.1b79033ad343311a41aee5a9b4a123b1.jpegimage.jpeg.e8a25de3c6c135adb936cd4c44883fe0.jpeg

What is this exactly?

The tank has neocaridina shrimps, red grass guppies, and only one ramshorn snail. Is this something like an attempt of ramshorn self fertilizing and laying eggs? Looks like there are two tiny lil bubble looking things inside whatever this is. 

I doubt it's from ramshorn egg production but I have no real guesses. 

On 10/18/2023 at 4:51 PM, Biotope Biologist said:

Does it move? I’d imagine it’s a snail egg case. Looks like maybe there was a blockage or excess mucus was built up so it dumped it on the glass

Nope, no movement. Just stuck there

Edited by Lennie