Hi there!

Hi! I am a new fish keeper in SoCal as I have seen quite a number of individuals on here as well.  I have been doing a ton of research and have always wanted to start a freshwater aquarium so to know that there is support out here is great! I currently on day 4 of a brand new 20g planted aquarium with hopes to one day keep some pea puffers but am wanted to get this tank seasoned and have a lush garden before adding any type of live animals. Thanks for havin me!

**Edit with a photo of my setup

IMG_5528.jpeg

Edited by its_colie94
add photo
  • Like 2
  • Love 1

On 10/10/2023 at 12:31 AM, its_colie94 said:

Hi! I am a new fish keeper in SoCal as I have seen quite a number of individuals on here as well.  I have been doing a ton of research and have always wanted to start a freshwater aquarium so to know that there is support out here is great! I currently on day 4 of a brand new 20g planted aquarium with hopes to one day keep some pea puffers but am wanted to get this tank seasoned and have a lush garden before adding any type of live animals. Thanks for havin me!

**Edit with a photo of my setup

IMG_5528.jpeg

Welcome, I love it. Thanks for sharing 🙂

Edited by JoshuaClark

@Schuyler Now I do, I listened to some advice and got Dr Tim's ammonia chloride. We are on day 6 or 7 and was able to add another round of it due to ammonia levels dropping. What I am running into now is high nitrates causing some algae growth and am trying to find the best way to do a water change while still cycling!

• Like 1