Nerite Snail Movement Issues

BettaBabe94

I gave a family members one of my Nerite snails probably six months ago. She has a 5 gallon tank with a female betta. Everything has been fine.
This weekend she messages me that she thinks something is wrong with the snail. She thought it was dead but the snail closed it’s door when she picked it up. 
I tested her water, everything was alright, ammonia was up a little (only enough to slightly change the color of the ACO ammonia strips). She didn’t have a lot of algae so I thought maybe the snail needed some more food. 

I brought the snail home so it could eat from my tanks. I put her in a floating breeder box just so I could keep an eye on her with the thought that if she crawled out then I knew she was fine. She’s still hanging on, but what I notice is that her “foot” thing doesn’t come out all the way. It’s like she wants to move based on her antenna movement, but she can’t come out all the way. She fumbles around, but doesn’t move very much. 
Anyone know what her problem could be?

• Sad 1

On 10/2/2023 at 7:12 PM, BettaBabe94 said:

I tried an algae pellet I have from my local pet store, Saturday night. I will try the Kats aquatics, I have some. Never had any luck with my snails eating it before, but it’s worth a shot.

It’s one of the few a couple of us tried that nerites will eat. You can also microwave a fresh green bean and open it to expose the meat. Remove the seeds and weight it down. My nerites eat that and zucchini 

• Like 2