help with swim bladder disease

oarfish

I need advice on what to do for my Betta! he is currently multiple weeks into struggling with swim bladder disease. I've given him two treatments of kanaplex and done multiple fasting cycles with daphnia feeding. sometimes his symptoms seem better (for example he has no problem sprinting to the top for air or food or maneuvering in tight spots) but mostly they do not seem to be improving. he still has some energy but has given up swimming around daily. his fins are pretty badly torn up at this point from cramming himself on top of his heater and between plants (that's pretty much all that's left in the tank, I took everything else out in the beginning before they had been this badly damaged). can he still recover from this? Im also considering the possibility of this being cause by a tumor disrupting his swim bladder function. what should I do ??

his current parameters:

pH: ok

Nitrates: ok

Hardness: ok

Nitrite: ok

Ammonia: ok

Water Temperature 84 F

I have also been treating his tank with stress coat for his injured fins

here he is. there is a small lump on his other side that has always been there 

PXL_20230927_003515156.jpg

If your  ammonia nitrite are zero and you have nitrate below 25ppm then water parameters won't be the cause the fact that you have fasted and done two rounds of kanaplex what I would do is Epsom salt baths 1 table spoon for 1 gallon for no more than 15 minutes for 5 days as Epsom salt acts as a muscle relaxant to help relieve pressure on the swim bladder @oarfish

• Thanks 1

On 10/2/2023 at 2:28 AM, oarfish said:

would api aquarium salt work similarly or do you recommend epsom salt specifically? thank you!

No aquarium salt doesn't act as a muscle relaxant so it won't help relieve pressure on the swim bladder you need plain Epsom salt 

• Thanks 1