Tiger Lotus bulb question

I received one from Aquarium Co-Op and planted it. It was doing beautifully. I had to move the plant to a different aquarium and in doing so, the bulb became detached. It had grown some roots into the substrate so I just planted them into the substrate of the other aquarium. My question is do you think it will survive without the bulb and/or if I toss the bulb in the water do you think it would grow another plant?

On 9/27/2023 at 12:58 PM, Herefishie said:

I received one from Aquarium Co-Op and planted it. It was doing beautifully. I had to move the plant to a different aquarium and in doing so, the bulb became detached. It had grown some roots into the substrate so I just planted them into the substrate of the other aquarium. My question is do you think it will survive without the bulb and/or if I toss the bulb in the water do you think it would grow another plant?

Indeed it will and another plant may emerge from the bulb given time. If another plant does not emerge from the bulb, toss the bulb and in time the existing plant may form another bulb.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Bulbs give "birth" to plants, you can then detach the plant and it will birth more plants. Here is my dwarf lilly bulb she's on her 5th&6th plant. When they do stop producing SOMETIMES drying them out and rehydrating will trigger them to produce again.

20230927_153535.jpg

Edited by JoeQ
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1