Neon Tetra bloated, rapid breathing, and territorial

Firedashflame

Hi guys. I have 6 neon tetras, one of them having a larger sized belly than the rest for the 10 months I've had her. I got 4 new khuli loaches yesterday and was feeding them for the first time. I dumbly put 1 and a half algae wafers in the tank which they did not finish. The neon tetras also ate the wafers and were acting fine. This morning the one that has had the big belly for a while had a small spike at the end of her belly. I noticed rapid breathing and after a minute of looking whenever another neon went close, she swam to them and nipped at them. I'm going to give de-shelled boiled peas tonight but wondering if it's a disease. One of the other neon's is hiding in decor I have with a lump on his stomach. The 3rd has a spike on belly. I assume just overfeeding but any help would be great. 

image.jpeg.8285c46c58b739d76375133d9c9c705d.jpegimage.jpeg.d74f4ef28ddf0813411d5137885334b5.jpegATheimage.jpeg.1e3cc84cd7a8669cdfa5643616f8fb6f.jpeg

The last one is centered around a different fish. As for the parameters I ran out of test strips. Last time I tested though (2 weeks ago) my parameters were normal with not enough fish. That's why I added khuli's. So, I could balance out the tank more. The temperature is 78 degrees Fahrenheit. 

On 9/26/2023 at 2:44 AM, Firedashflame said:

What do you mean by 15 minutes? Should I like take it out after 15 minutes? Won't it soak into water? Anyways, I just fed my fish the de-shelled boiled peas. They seem to be eating a little bit. I mixed it with a tiny bit of normal food to make them eat it. 

If you add Epsom salt to your tank it will raise your GH as you have live plants I do Epsom salt baths put fish a bucket or container for 15 minutes with the Epsom salt then put him back in the tank 

On 9/26/2023 at 3:10 AM, Firedashflame said:

Do you think for 5 days my plants could possibly survive? Also, is Epsom salt baths different from Aquarium salt regarding dosing at all?

Epsom salt more for constipation swim bladder issues and treat fungals infection aquarium salt used more for treating bacterial infection and fungal infections at the dose I recommended it would harm your plants that why I recommended using a container to do the Epsom salt baths the dosing  the same 

• Like 1