Aquarium Co-Op CO2 regulator problem?

Secondus

Hey! I’m pretty new to the hobby. I am having trouble with my brand new CO2 regulator. I purchased this brands kit for my new CO2 cylinder. I’m running a 35 gallon planted tank.

Arrived today, and I went to to set it up following the guide to the T. All appeared to go well at the surface, I had it set to 1bps, plugged in the solenoid valve into the timer for 10pm. (11pm lights shut off). The light goes red on the device, and I heard a click. However I returned and looked at the bubble counter an hour later and it was still producing bubbles. The solenoid light was off, so the timer functions correctly (i also bought the timer today, same one as the setup video)

Thoughts? I turned the CO2 valve OFF because I didnt want it to inject into the tank all night. I do have an air stone, but im more wondering what the problem is. 

Cheers, thanks for reading.

On 9/19/2023 at 4:47 AM, nabokovfan87 said:

Definitely close the co2 tank and email support. I've seen the issue before and they will likely need to replace it/repair it to resolve the situation.

Thank you. I’m from Canada and had to have this product shipped from the other side of the country (a store that sells Co-op products in BC). So that’s unfortunate 😞 

• Like 1

On 9/19/2023 at 3:27 AM, Secondus said:

I’m from Canada and had to have this product shipped from the other side of the country (a store that sells Co-op products in BC). So that’s unfortunate 😞

April’s Aquariums? I’ve heard Cory talk about them pretty extensively in the livestreams. He has made it very clear that for Canada that’s where you can go to get their products, and he has also made it very clear that any company/store they partner with must uphold the Coop’s values. 

I know for a fact that they follow this because the one partner store I visited (only one in my area) gave me an absolutely terrible experience, and when I emailed the Coop about it they took swift action and ensured that nobody else had a similar experience. 

Email them and I’m sure they’ll get you taken care of. 

On 9/19/2023 at 8:58 PM, Galabar said:

Question: how high do you run the output pressure on your regulator?

I had it at about 30 psi

On 9/19/2023 at 11:24 PM, AllFishNoBrakes said:

April’s Aquariums? I’ve heard Cory talk about them pretty extensively in the livestreams. He has made it very clear that for Canada that’s where you can go to get their products, and he has also made it very clear that any company/store they partner with must uphold the Coop’s values. 

I know for a fact that they follow this because the one partner store I visited (only one in my area) gave me an absolutely terrible experience, and when I emailed the Coop about it they took swift action and ensured that nobody else had a similar experience. 

Email them and I’m sure they’ll get you taken care of. 

Some good news. I contacted the retailer and co-op via email as I believed I was ready to begin a return process, owner called me over the phone and explained some troubleshooting options before we send it back. Theres the little circular piece (i’m not too sure what its called) underneath the working pressure valve, I was instructed to try to turn it 1/8th counter clockwise. So I took the regulator off and did that, I also removed the metal piece on the solenoid connector and cleaned it out and reconnected it.

Don’t know exactly what happened but it is now functioning! I had connected it back to my timer and it had shut off at 10pm, the bubble counter is not producing any more bubbles a couple minutes after 10.

I will continue monitoring it but it appears all is well.

Thanks Aprils Aquarium and Co-Op for the assistance. 🙂 
Cheers!

• Like 1

Rad. Love to hear that. My only other advice moving forward is to allow your next c02 tank to sit inside for at least 24 hours before hooking up the regulator. Metal expands and contracts as it heats and cools, so ensuring it’s at room temperature before hooking up and opening the tank helps ensure there are no leaks. 

Glad they got you squared away and everything is functioning as it should!