A tale of 2 betas

KerrieBetta2

So we’ve got 2 betas in one tank with a divider. Sparkle and Handsome. I just noticed the other day that Sparkle has what I think is fin rot and ich. I immediately ran to the net looking for remedies and found this wonderful place. Ordered the trio and patiently waited for it to arrive. I got a tote for his hospital set up but nowhere did it say I had to have a filtration system, just oxygenated water to which I was going to diy. I don’t have another filtration system and I feel like we’re getting to the point of no return 😕 I don’t live anywhere close to brick and mortars to run and get one. I’d have to order it off the net. What do I do?? And fyi Handsome is fine 🤷🏻‍♀️ at least not that I can see. They looked identical when we bought them. 

Water levels are normal except kh and ph. I’ve got almond leaf in there to try and fix the kh but I have no idea how to fix the ph(it’s high). 

IMG_7596.jpeg

IMG_7597.jpeg

IMG_7598.jpeg

IMG_7599.jpeg

Edited by KerrieBetta2
Unfinished sentence

What I would do is add some Indian almond leaves as they have antibacterial and antifungal properties and I would treat with aquarium salt 1 table spoon for 2 gallons for just remember to only put back in what you take out so if you do a two gallon water change put 1 table spoon of salt back in the salt will help with the fin rot and treat any possible ich am not convinced your fish has ich give an update after a week if your seeing no improvement @KerrieBetta2

On 9/12/2023 at 3:13 AM, KerrieBetta2 said:

This is what I have and it turned the water super brown and murky. I kept tearing pieces off until the water cleared. 

image.jpg

image.jpg

The tannins are very beneficial most Betta breeder's use Indian almond leaves 

Edited by Colu