Yet Another Black Phantom Problem

flyingcow

This tank will be the death of me... Finally seem to have stopped the neverending cycle of fish wasting and mystery death, and now this little guy...

I have Maracyn and Kanaplex as well as Paraclense and Expel-P (and ich-x, but this ain't ich). Thoughts? He's acting fine and eating well. I'm gonna check the water in my 5 gallon tank and move him there.

20230910_095917.jpg.02c2fe9a933c9126ac94c0fc7a6f12ad.jpg

It could be a number of things a cyst or an encapsulated nematode worm it could have a bacterial component what I would do is quarantine and treat with aquarium salt 1 table spoon for 2 gallons just remember to only put back in what you take out so that if you do a 2 gallon water change put 1 table spoon of salt back in I would do that for 1 week you could also add some Indian almond leaves as they have antibacterial and antifungal properties add an extra air stone during treatment give an update after a week if your seeing no improvement@flyingcow

• Like 1

On 9/10/2023 at 3:57 PM, Colu said:

It could be a number of things a cyst or an encapsulated nematode worm it could have a bacterial component what I would do is quarantine and treat with aquarium salt 1 table spoon for 2 gallons just remember to only put back in what you take out so that if you do a 2 gallon water change put 1 table spoon of salt back in I would do that for 1 week you could also add some Indian almond leaves as they have antibacterial and antifungal properties add an extra air stone during treatment give an update after a week if your seeing no improvement@flyingcow

Will do. I don't have salt, but have some coming tomorrow. Of course I'm stuck on a 5 day a week travel cycle right now, but my wife can get some salt in the tank and keep an eye on the little guy.

• Like 1

On 9/13/2023 at 1:06 PM, flyingcow said:

A few more pictures now that he is in quarantine. In this light, you can see a dark spot all around the white thing...

sorry, screenshot from a video.Screenshot_20230913_080415_WhatsApp.jpg.e7054a184c397c3237638875edd24031.jpgScreenshot_20230913_080412_WhatsApp.jpg.3d8fe99a02914e1469cc79be6b5bb28b.jpg

What I would do is a course of maracyn  and keep the salt at 1 table spoon for 2 gallons for another week 

• Like 1

On 9/13/2023 at 4:12 PM, flyingcow said:

in water column or in food? 

Do I consider kanaplex as well in case it's gram negative?

Thanks so much!

You could use either kanaplex or maracyn kanaplex predominantly treats gram negative and some gram positive bacterial infections maracyn predominantly treats gram positive and some gram negative bacterial infections if you have kanaplex to hand do a course of that with the salt if your seeing not improvement or it gets worse give us an update 

• 2 weeks later...