White cloud parasitic illness

stodger

PXL_20230903_164318824.jpg.70ba2a86723c3f21cf183c592cf6e466.jpgHi everyone,

I have been experiencing issues with my WCMM minnows dying over the last 3 or so months. 

The minnows seem to hide behind plants in the tank and only come out for food. At some point over the next week or so they will either be fine or die.

This is almost identical to the thread

I have treated with Esha ndx but I am still experiencing issues. I am now down to the last 2 minnows of the 6 in the group. With one of the minnows showing this behaviour. So I am at a loss of what to do. 

The tank is currently holding 6 amanos which have had no issues during this period with the females carrying eggs multiple times. And I have tested the water countless times with liquid test kits so it's not a WQ issue.

Is it just the case of carrying on with NDX and hoping for the best or just leaving the tank to be shrimp only without tearing the tank down?

Thanks 👍

Edited by stodger
To add photo of fish

I don't think I can get that product in the UK unfortunately. 

My parameters are:

Ammonia 0

Nitrite 0

Nitrate 0

Temp 21c

Ph 7.1 

I believe the nitrate and nitrite being 0 is due to the large volume of pearlweed and Amazon frogbit in the tank ☺️

On 9/3/2023 at 7:26 PM, stodger said:

I don't think I can get that product in the UK unfortunately. 

My parameters are:

Ammonia 0

Nitrite 0

Nitrate 0

Temp 21c

Ph 7.1 

I believe the nitrate and nitrite being 0 is due to the large volume of pearlweed and Amazon frogbit in the tank ☺️

Esha ndx has the same active ingredient as expel p levamisole have you notice any rapid breathing hanging near the surface lethargy flashing spitting food out loss of appetite sunken belly 

Hi Colu

Not necessarily hanging near the surface but definitely in the same area for longer than I would expect. 

There have been no sunken bellies but the sick fish have been breathing rapidly/ opening and closing their mouths a lot. 

They all have continued to eat and not spit however.

On 9/3/2023 at 8:36 PM, stodger said:

Hi Colu

Not necessarily hanging near the surface but definitely in the same area for longer than I would expect. 

There have been no sunken bellies but the sick fish have been breathing rapidly/ opening and closing their mouths a lot. 

They all have continued to eat and not spit however.

Any white stingy poop what are you feeding and how often 

Edited by Colu

On 9/4/2023 at 9:47 AM, stodger said:

I feed a mixture of hikari micro pellets and Aquarian flake food every 2 days.

No white stringy poop 

Small active fish need feeding more frequently I would feed a minimum of once a day I feed my tetras twice a day  what I would do is get holed of Esha gdex active ingredient is praziquantel and follow this treatment protocol for parasitic infections treating with praziquantel and levamisole will treat a wide range parasites give a more broad spectrum treatment 

Screenshot_20230818-113734.png

Screenshot_20230818-113759~2.png

Screenshot_20230818-114030.png

Edited by Colu

On 9/4/2023 at 1:37 PM, stodger said:

Brilliant! 

Thank you I will try and get my hands on that! Have you experienced any issues with using this treatment in tanks with amanos and snails?

Noted about feeding I will increase the frequency of this. 

Levamisole can be harmful to invertebrates praziquantel at the recommended dose shouldn't harm your snails or shrimp I would always air on the side of caution and remove your snails and shrimp during treatment