Possible tumour?

danio

Hi, I'm currently in the UK and I found this forum, in which someone had recently posted a picture if their danio with a suspicious red lump. I'm looking for some help and advice please if possible, so I joined the group 

My little Danny fish, has had a lump, for a while which disappeared and then suddenly got bigger and redder and more swollen as the weeks have gone on. She is a much loved family pet.

I'm really worried. She is looked after, has a clean tank and we check pH levels and nitrate and so on and all seems fine. (My apologies I don't have the current readings as we have run out of testing strips)

I suspect it could be a tumour 😔 I'm wondering what I can do for her.

Shes swimming fine, eating fine, but I'm worried before long she won't be able to swim and this cyst/tumor could pop? 

I have noticed she was eating more, the more she eats the bigger it gets, or this could be a coincidence.

Is there anything I can buy or do to help 😌

Thank you so much 

20230809_112951.jpg

It could be a tumor or it could have a bacterial component as antibiotic treatment such as kanaplex aren't available unless you order off of eBay and it can take weeks to arrive what I would suggest is adding some aquarium salt 1 table spoon for 2 gallons for one week  just remember to put back in what you take out so if your do a 10 gallon water change put 5 table spoons of salt back in if you have catfish or loach I would add a smaller amount of aquarium salt 1 table spoon for 4 gallons  after a week give us an update @danio

Edited by Colu
  • Like 1

On 8/9/2023 at 2:19 PM, danio said:

Thank you so much that's really kind and helpful, I have a 30 litre tank, I'll post a picture of the aquarium salts I found, I don't know if these are the best to get?

Screenshot_20230809_141801_Amazon Shopping.jpg

That the one I use 

• Like 1