Better than Java Moss?

It seems there are a lot of aquarium mosses available today: Christmas Moss, Spikey Moss, Taiwan Moss, Willow Moss and on and on...and of course the perennial Java Moss. What is the best moss for ease of care, speed of growth and that just plain looks good? I know some people complain that Java Moss collects debris too easily, but doesn't all moss have that issue... or do they? Your thoughts and experiences. Thanks. 

• Like 1

My easyvcare preference is hands down Xmas moss. It always looks great for me. It tends to not grow algae in my tanks the way Java does. It also grows to be a more manicured bush rather than the Java tangle. 
Not the greatest video to show the Xmas moss but on top of the pot is Xmas moss mountain. The tank is a 20 long and the moss goes just shy of the top right beside a Corydora (messy eater)feeding area. I did not have algae or debris issues. 

• Like 1
  • Love 1

On 8/6/2023 at 7:54 AM, Guppysnail said:

My easyvcare preference is hands down Xmas moss. It always looks great for me. It tends to not grow algae in my tanks the way Java does. It also grows to be a more manicured bush rather than the Java tangle. 
Not the greatest video to show the Xmas moss but on top of the pot is Xmas moss mountain. The tank is a 20 long and the moss goes just shy of the top right beside a Corydora (messy eater)feeding area. I did not have algae or debris issues. 

Def with @Guppysnail on this one...I prefer Xmas Moss when it grows out and its look but Java Moss isn't the worst if you had diddlers in your tank like shrimp or snails. I also never have had an issue with its growth personally but then again I run CO2 to 3 of my tanks, so that helps greatly. 

• Like 2