New Platy Tank!

I posted a while ago about how I had talked with my partner about wanting two tanks, and at the time we ended up agreeing to get one 10 gallon instead of my 5 gallon betta tank. Drago, my betta, got to enjoy the 10 gallon for a while before sadly passing. I was devastated, but I knew I wanted to keep my hobby going. I’ve only ever owned bettas, and as much as I love them I wanted to try my hand at another beginner fish. Enter the platy! We have hard water with a higher PH so we have the perfect parameters for these little guys. I also have a LFS ready to buy any babies when that time comes.

8D7BC119-132C-4A8B-A2C8-318648A46740.jpeg

• Love 1

On 7/6/2023 at 8:42 AM, Beanbo7 said:

I posted a while ago about how I had talked with my partner about wanting two tanks, and at the time we ended up agreeing to get one 10 gallon instead of my 5 gallon betta tank. Drago, my betta, got to enjoy the 10 gallon for a while before sadly passing. I was devastated, but I knew I wanted to keep my hobby going. I’ve only ever owned bettas, and as much as I love them I wanted to try my hand at another beginner fish. Enter the platy! We have hard water with a higher PH so we have the perfect parameters for these little guys. I also have a LFS ready to buy any babies when that time comes.

8D7BC119-132C-4A8B-A2C8-318648A46740.jpeg

Congrats on the new setup! Looks great! Platys are hugely underrated in my opinion. There are so many neat variations and they are generally spawn easily. Hope all goes well!