Columnaris?

GisheryGoodness

Noticed this yesterday and immediately moved her to quarantine tank. She spent yesterday hiding in a rock cave but hadn't been acting weird before that, or at least I hadn't noticed it. I spent over 30 minutes watching the rest of the tank and no one else is showing signs of illness yet. 

Best treatment and also am I going to need to treat the whole tank? 

Parameters for 29gal tank are

Ammonia-0

NitrIte- 0 

Ph 7.6

NitrAte - 20

Temp 78

Gh 6

Kh 5

Stocking

4 adult platys and around 15 probably more babies ( one adult is the one moved to qt)

4 Albino Corys 

5 mystery snails 

1 bristlenose pleco 

Qt is a 10 gallon 

20230513_212808.jpg

20230513_213900.jpg

Looking at the back I couldn't say for sure columnaris it does look like a bacterial infection what I would do is a course of kanaplex for the one in quarantine and add 1 table spoon for 2 gallons of aquarium salt and I  would monitor the main tank if other start showing symptoms then I would do a course of kanaplex and jungal fungus clear fizz tabs containing nitrofurazone following this treatment plan it very effective at treating columnaris and other more severe bacterial infections kanaplex can effect snails so would recommend removing any snails to quarantine for 4 weeks before returning them to the main tank @GisheryGoodness

IMG_20230115_235240.jpg

On 5/14/2023 at 12:20 PM, Colu said:

Looking at the back I couldn't say for sure columnaris it does look like a bacterial infection what I would do is a course of kanaplex for the one in quarantine and add 1 table spoon for 2 gallons of aquarium salt and I  would monitor the main tank if other start showing symptoms then I would do a course of kanaplex and jungal fungus clear fizz tabs containing nitrofurazone following this treatment plan it very effective at treating columnaris and other more severe bacterial infections kanaplex can effect snails so would recommend removing any snails to quarantine for 4 weeks before returning them to the main tank @GisheryGoodness

IMG_20230115_235240.jpg

Thank ypu, I have done the kanaplex and salt for the one in quarantine, whatever it is on her keeps falling off and regrowing? Almost like little fuzzy spores. I tried to get a picture of one that had fallen the floor of the tank but couldn't it just wouldn't focus right. Thankfully as of now all of my other fish are good. She's mostly hanging out at the top of the tank. This is her today. 

20230519_211504.jpg

On 5/20/2023 at 3:17 AM, GisheryGoodness said:

Thank ypu, I have done the kanaplex and salt for the one in quarantine, whatever it is on her keeps falling off and regrowing? Almost like little fuzzy spores. I tried to get a picture of one that had fallen the floor of the tank but couldn't it just wouldn't focus right. Thankfully as of now all of my other fish are good. She's mostly hanging out at the top of the tank. This is her today. 

20230519_211504.jpg

What I would suggest is treating with API fungus cure and leave the salt in  for another week 

• Thanks 1