Pleco Identification (Help lol)

Miranda Marie

Hello! My friend is helping set up an aquarium at her school (where she works), and she was doing a ton of research and attempting to cycle it etc before any fish were bought. The plan was a single betta or 6 male guppies. The tank size is 10 gallons.

Today, she came to work to find someone had added this pleco to the tank without asking. I don't know a thing about plecos, other than the vast majority of species get wayyy too big for a 10 gallon and need driftwood and algae wafers, which they don't have. My friend is mildly panicked, so any help in identifying the specifies would be greatly appreciated.

1679410541234~2.jpg

On 3/21/2023 at 9:38 AM, NOLANANO said:

Tell her to call her LFS and tell them the situation. Not only will they most likely take the fish off her hands, they might give her some store credit towards stocking her 10 Gallon.  

I'll definitely tell her. She was trying really hard to be responsible about this and now there's this mess to deal with. 😬 

On 3/21/2023 at 9:41 AM, jwcarlson said:

Nothing says you care like dropping off a fish that can get two feet long and about 10 pounds into someone else's tank. 😞

Yeah no kidding 😣