Possible fungus & Treatment options?

Arcticgypsy

While sitting down to feed my fish, I noticed this white fuzz at the base of the hillstream loach's tail.  Suspect it's fungus due to an injury of some sort. 

All other fish are healthy and doing well.   I should note there are Hillstream loach babies, so I don't want to use anything too harsh that could harm the babies.   I don't really want to remove this guy.  They get really stressed out when you try to catch them. 

Things have done:
50% water change
Gravel Vac
Pulled purigen from the filter
Added some Cattapa leaves

Meds on hand: I live in Canada, so meds are hard to come by

Ich-X
Paracleanse
Aquarium salt (tank is heavily planted don't want to salt)
erythromycin - is expired now, so don't think it will do anything
Cattapa leaves - have been added

Tank Parameters
Temp: 77F
PH: 7.4
Ammonia: 0
Nitrites: 0
Nitrates: 10
Phosphates 0.25
GH: 140 ppm
KH: 60 ppm

hillstream fungus.png

On 3/15/2023 at 5:09 PM, Colu said:

Looks like saprolegniasis it's an opportunistic fungal infection I would treat with ick X and a small amount of aquarium salt 1 table spoon for 10 gallons at that level it won't harm your plants @Arcticgypsy

That's exactly what it looks like in person.   Dosed the tank and keeping a close eye on things  thanks

Update

The loach seems to be doing okay.  The size of the fungus spot has reduced.  I decided to move him over to the quarantine tank.  After doing a little water change, I dosed it with meds and moved over the loach.

Note:  The quarantine tank is 5.5g.  I'd like to add some aquarium salt.  How much should I add to that tank?

Also, I noticed my bottle of Ich-X is expired, so I picked up:  "Tetra Lifeguard".  It's the only thing available to me here in Canada atm.....I should be able to get some Ich-x online, but it may take me a while to find it.  The only thing about "Lifeguard" is it's not good for planted tanks or snails.  Another reason for moving him to quarantine. 

Tossed Charcoal & Purigen into the main tank to clear the meds there. 

Update:
Sadly my lil guy didn't make it.  I think I caught it far too late.   Planted tanks are great, but sometimes fish hide, and you don't catch things like this in time.    I did the best I could for him.  Poor thing. 

On 3/17/2023 at 7:40 PM, Colu said:

I wouldn't go above 1 table spoon for 5 gallons with hillstream loach @Arcticgypsy

• Sad 2

On 3/18/2023 at 7:12 PM, Colu said:

Sorry to hear that I thought he had a good chance as he was improving sometime fish start improve then go down hill rapidly even with treatment@Arcticgypsy

Sadly yes....will be keeping a very close eye on everyone else, but so far not seeing anyone else with issues.  Going to double up on my water changes the next few weeks to keep the water as pristine as possible just in case.  Also tossed in a couple more cattapa leaves.  They should help out if there is something going on.