SeaChem Prime & Ich-X

Louise02

On 3/8/2023 at 8:10 PM, DeadStang said:

I use them together -- no issues.

Thank you!  I usually pick up RO, but I can't pick up enough RO fast enough.  Do you typically change your water once per day while fighting ich?  TIA!

On 3/9/2023 at 5:02 AM, Louise02 said:

Thank you!  I usually pick up RO, but I can't pick up enough RO fast enough.  Do you typically change your water once per day while fighting ich?  TIA!

With ick X you want to do daily water changes and redose ick X also ich causes massive electrolyte loss so I would add some aquarium salt 1 table spoon for 5 gallons the salt will add back in essential electrolytes 

I have had to treat larger tanks with snails and plants so I do not do the salt, nor do I elevate the water temperature, which may affect the success of my treatment. My baseline water temperature is 77*. I do a 50% water change every day, followed by adding the Ich-X, and then I have to turn out the lights and go to bed as the blue diffuses thru the water! I always treat a minimum of 3 weeks straight, once daily every day. If there are still lesions or issues, I treat longer.

On 3/9/2023 at 4:00 AM, Colu said:

With ick X you want to do daily water changes and redose ick X also ich causes massive electrolyte loss so I would add some aquarium salt 1 table spoon for 5 gallons the salt will add back in essential electrolytes 

Thank you so much!

On 3/9/2023 at 10:09 AM, DeadStang said:

I have had to treat larger tanks with snails and plants so I do not do the salt, nor do I elevate the water temperature, which may affect the success of my treatment. My baseline water temperature is 77*. I do a 50% water change every day, followed by adding the Ich-X, and then I have to turn out the lights and go to bed as the blue diffuses thru the water! I always treat a minimum of 3 weeks straight, once daily every day. If there are still lesions or issues, I treat longer.

Thank you so much!  At this point, the fish are in one tank and the plants are in another, partially due to the fact that the fish needed more salt than the plants could stand.  Thank you for your input!  I will go ahead and run ich-x on the planted tank.

• Like 1