Are my fish getting high on my passive co2??

kevincanada

i have been observing some really weird behaviour with my passive co2 setup. everyday in all the tanks with the passive co2 bells, the fish will swim around the contact zone of the gas and the tankwater  and when it is half full or less, they go inside and breathe at the zone. after a while they swim out, sometimes a bit tipsy ish! i know co2 isnt pyschoactive but it seems like the experience something in there. all of the different species do it if they fit in the jar. very curious if anyone has observed this before.

cheers

kevin

high1.jpg

high.jpg

• Confused 1

On 3/8/2023 at 3:19 PM, kevincanada said:

i have been observing some really weird behaviour with my passive co2 setup. everyday in all the tanks with the passive co2 bells, the fish will swim around the contact zone of the gas and the tankwater  and when it is half full or less, they go inside and breathe at the zone. after a while they swim out, sometimes a bit tipsy ish! i know co2 isnt pyschoactive but it seems like the experience something in there. all of the different species do it if they fit in the jar. very curious if anyone has observed this before

I've always wondered how the fish would react to this. They probably enjoy it if they're doing it constantly 😆

• Like 1