Snail looks weird… what should I do?

Sherry

On 5/22/2023 at 10:36 AM, Lennie said:

that fish looks insanely colorful! Can u share more pics please?

I was more interested in the plain colored because I want to try them with our betta, and I thought they would be less likely to aggravate Shrek. Most of the bags had two red ones and one white. They were labeled Sri Lanka guppies. 

I'll try to get a better photo when I get home. 

• Like 1

On 5/22/2023 at 10:22 PM, Sherry said:

I was more interested in the plain colored because I want to try them with our betta, and I thought they would be less likely to aggravate Shrek. Most of the bags had two red ones and one white. They were labeled Sri Lanka guppies. 

I'll try to get a better photo when I get home. 

Generally adding betta the last in a community tank works better. Now that it has established its territory, adding new fish there might be a bit more challenging.

Try its temperament but make sure to observe closely and see how it goes

On 5/22/2023 at 2:56 PM, Lennie said:

Generally adding betta the last in a community tank works better. 

Our plan is to take the betta out and rearrange the tank with live plants instead of artificial, put in the guppies, then the betta.

The girls are going to get a floating log so the betta will have its own space, but yes, we will watch carefully.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
On 5/22/2023 at 2:56 PM, Lennie said:

Try its temperament but make sure to observe closely and see how it goes

Well, today was the day we rearranged Shrek’s tank and added two male guppies (pretty plain looking).

Shrek flares at them, they flit away, then he goes somewhere else. We are going to try it for a few days, but if the guppies don’t look comfortable I’ll move them out.

I purposely put in some plants and an Easy Planter to make some diversions.

• Like 1

On 6/13/2023 at 11:41 PM, Sherry said:

Well, today was the day we rearranged Shrek’s tank and added two male guppies (pretty plain looking).

Shrek flares at them, they flit away, then he goes somewhere else. We are going to try it for a few days, but if the guppies don’t look comfortable I’ll move them out.

I purposely put in some plants and an Easy Planter to make some diversions.

I have 7 bettas and they are extremely peaceful in general. I'm lucky on that one.

The only fish they all hate is male guppies. Females, perfectly fine. Fry, perfectly fine.

Males = death. 😞 

On 6/13/2023 at 11:52 PM, Sherry said:

I just got a 20 long aquarium, but haven’t set it up yet.

My 10 gallon is doing good. I bought some Java Moss, then sewed the strands to some embroidery canvas.

My goofy green neon tetras have been having fun swimming around and behind it.

I love how everything is working fine and well for you. All those cycling attempts and time you've spent to learn is paying off.

I'm so happy Sherry. Congrats! That's your success 🙂

• Love 2

On 6/13/2023 at 3:59 PM, Lennie said:

The only fish they all hate is male guppies. Females, perfectly fine. Fry, perfectly fine.

Males = death. 😞

Well, phooey. I read that they would try to mate with female guppies… that’s why I went with not fancy males.

Update: One guppy down. Oh well, live and learn.

Edited by Sherry

• 5 weeks later...

Update on guppy with betta - 

One of the two guppies is still going. Shrek and the guppy aren’t bosom buddies, but the girls added a floating log toy, and Shrek prefers that. The guppy has several plants to break line of sight and he doesn’t act scared or stressed. 🤷🏻‍♀️