Rasboras

Jackson

I guess no, but I think it is a stress factor, as it makes them further from their natural habitat, which makes them feel less comfy.

2 days ago when I visited my lfs, I've seen that they still had their dwarf rasboras not sold for 3 weeks, and they were still looking healthy. Today when I visited again, and I saw that only one left and it has been showing lots of stress sign and started developing ich symptoms as well.

They had densely planted tank at the store, so very likely that guy hid in the plants and they couldn't see it. 

So small group may be a stress factor, but I don't think it is a straight dead tho.

The number 6 is manmade anyway. The more the merrier all the time. There is no 6 in nature, it just helps people to understand they like to be in a school so you should get enough to make them happy.

Edited by Lennie
  • Like 1

Nothing happened I was just wondering . I have a school of six chili but want to get a different kind of rasbora . Was going to get six more chile but want these instead . So I was just wondering what would happen if a few died for what ever reason .

On 2/24/2023 at 2:04 PM, GCH said:

I'm going to get 8 galaxy rasboras . Will the chili and galaxy school together ? Just thinking if they hang out together 

while chili and galaxy rasboras are both great fish to keep they are different speicies and will not school together, the 2 schools will just leave each other alone.

• Like 1