Bumps on Catfish Belly

BabyOB

7885BA53-6AD5-4045-9308-17E67C4D0974.jpeg

On 2/18/2023 at 11:04 AM, BabyOB said:

In order to show what my concern I had to take an image from outside for a second   Do I need to be concerned of this issue for this catfish and is it treatable?  It was in a tank w other fish  now in isolation   

7885BA53-6AD5-4045-9308-17E67C4D0974.jpeg

More information would be helpful what are your water parameters ammonia nitrite nitrate etc how long has it had these lumps any rapid breathing listlessness hanging near the surface flashing not eating and have you notice if it's still pooping@BabyOB

Edited by Colu

On 2/18/2023 at 12:27 PM, Colu said:

More information would be helpful what are your water parameters ammonia nitrite nitrate etc how long has it had these lumps any rapid breathing listlessness hanging near the surface flashing not eating and have you notice if it's still pooping@BabyOB

I transferred to another tank to isolate.  In the meantime I only had her for about 3 weeks and just noticed these bumps yesterday.  I’m thinking she may have had them prior and they are growing. Breathing and activity seems normal.  Staying low and hides in her cave.  Poop I haven’t paid attention to.  But I will now.

On 2/18/2023 at 6:40 PM, Colu said:

You can get nodules or masses present in the skin or muscle like this with  encapsulated nematodes or  it could be benign internal growth or suffering from an intestinal obstruction  @BabyOB

Thank you…. these all sound very possible and don’t sound too good!   What would you do?

2DA5BCCE-6FF6-4C27-84D7-6C27DEF8AFA8.jpeg

If it were nematode worms I would treat with Expel p once a week for 4 weeks you need to black out the tank for 24 HR during treatment as levamisole is a light sensitive medication I would also fast him it for a couple of days and add a small amount of Epsom salt to his quarantine tank 1 table spoon for 5 gallons as Epsom salt acts as a muscle relaxant to help with possible intestinal obstruction Epsom will raise you GH @BabyOB

Edited by Colu

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/5/2023 at 7:07 PM, BabyOB said:

Do you see an improvement?  

0BDFB0C7-3311-445C-9DAE-889ED25BBB87.jpeg

Am not seeing much if any improvement if your still treating with Expel p I would finish the 4 weeks of treatment I would also do a  course of maracyn2 in food feeding a small amount twice a day for 7 days just in case theirs a bacterial component also the active ingredient in maracyn2 minocycline has anti-inflammatory properties 

On 3/5/2023 at 5:45 PM, Colu said:

Am not seeing much if any improvement if your still treating with Expel p I would finish the 4 weeks of treatment I would also do a  course of maracyn2 in food feeding a small amount twice a day for 7 days just in case theirs a bacterial component also the active ingredient in maracyn2 minocycline has anti-inflammatory properties 

I am still treating.  I have not seen him pass anything or eat. Idk very odd!  I also did the epson salt.  Thank you 

On 3/6/2023 at 1:05 AM, BabyOB said:

I am still treating.  I have not seen him pass anything or eat. Idk very odd!  I also did the epson salt.  Thank you 

As he's still not eating or passing anything what I would do is dose the tank with maracyn2 inbetween your next treatment of Expel p and give us an update in a week