Anyone have success with Dwarf Hairgrass in a low-tech 10 gallon?

lewk

When I first got into the hobby I bought a number of plants at my local shops and the only one I wasn't prepared for was Dwarf Hairgrass. I originally had it in gravel in a kit tank and it did not do well, so i eventually moved it to a tank with sand and a cheap LED where it initially fared much better but now seems to be wanting more. I've been feeding ACO root tabs every 45 days or so. I'd love to hear advice from someone who has had this do well for them so I can copy their homework!

I was able to grow hair grass with a dyi co2 setup and a stingray light in a 10g (this was back in 2016) For substrate I think I was using Fluorite along with root tabs. I have pictures somewhere that I will try to find tomorrow, maybe it will jog my memory as to anything else that led to my success.

• Like 1

On 2/11/2023 at 8:35 PM, lewk said:

When I first got into the hobby I bought a number of plants at my local shops and the only one I wasn't prepared for was Dwarf Hairgrass. I originally had it in gravel in a kit tank and it did not do well, so i eventually moved it to a tank with sand and a cheap LED where it initially fared much better but now seems to be wanting more. I've been feeding ACO root tabs every 45 days or so. I'd love to hear advice from someone who has had this do well for them so I can copy their homework!

I would have to ask what is your goal? Is it to carpet or just having some thrive? If its to just have some thrive here and there you will need a pretty bright light, keep doing the root tabs and add a bit of liquid fertilizer. 

• Like 2