Mystery Snail not moving around tank

Hawyun

I have two golden mystery snails and they have grown and have been very active.

one of them has just stopped moving he / simage.jpeg.4235847a86ca2acb375010fd09208a8c.jpegimage.jpeg.6f560b301514fae34ef7adcbaf935089.jpeghe sticks its antennas out every once in a while or its snorkle but doesnt move the other one is just fine.

I do weekly water changes and keep the tank clean. I have a sponge filter and a HOB filter 

As far as I know, mysterys really don't like being on their sides. If he stays like that and don't move, there might be something wrong.

First thing comes to my mind, those fish potentially bullied him and made him scared to open up.

Can you give more info about their diet and water parameters? There shell seems damaged.

They also might be just aged, as their average lifespand is around 1 years sadly.

There is no medicine you can use on mysteries really, but the most affective way to help them is giving them a "Air Bath"

Please see the detailed video below. hope it helps!

Edited by Lennie

Lennie,

Thanks water is good it only comes out once in a while the other one is just fine. I will try the air bath and see if that works he hasnt eaten or moved around the tank for weeks.

I feed them pleko waffers and pellets. sometimes they will get a blood worm the other fish dont really bother them.

On 2/7/2023 at 9:58 PM, Hawyun said:

I feed them pleko waffers and pellets. sometimes they will get a blood worm the other fish dont really bother them.

I would highly recommend blanched veggies and snellos. You can find so many snello recipes in Lav's yt channel again, just as I shared above! Watching the following videos might help as well. Pleco wafers and normal fish food may be fed from time to time, but not exactly the main part of their diet.

On 2/7/2023 at 9:58 PM, Hawyun said:

Thanks water is good

Besides ammonia, nitrite and nitrate, GH, PH and KH and calcium in water column as well as in their diet plays a big role on snail health and shell erosions.Please see the videos below. They will help you to understand them better, and potentially may make you aware of what's wrong:

Basic snello recipe to give an idea:

If you need help, please let me know. I can share my own recipe that I use for my rabbit and mystery snails.

Here is another recipe, but with Agar agar instead of gelatin:

https://floridamysterysnails.com/2018/05/30/how-to-make-snello-snail-jello/

Agar agar and gelatin becomes active in different way, so make sure to follow the video for gelatin activation, and this recipe for agar agar activation as a binder.

Edited by Lennie