Where did these come from?

Cinnebuns

About a year and a half ago the panda cory appreciation society thread on this forum convinced me my cory choice must be pandas. I tried to breed my guppies but unintentionally got cory fry first. That's when the breeding bug bit me. I've been actively breeding my panda cories since. It used to be average for me to get about 6 fry a month. Now, my babies are having babies and each time I look the fry tank has more than I expect!

I made a video. Im sure many more are hiding so who knows how many are in here?!

This success has convinced me to take on another species of cory but I'm also wondering if i would have the space lol. I might end up doing it but just colony breeding them and not pulling eggs. 

• Love 4

On 2/4/2023 at 4:20 AM, Lennie said:

Beautiful baby pandas!🐼

Do you have any other cory species on your mind?

You read my mind! Haha. I've been trying to decide on a 2nd to try lately. I've thought and crossed off about a dozen for various reasons but I may have found one. I had never heard of it before. C. Gryphus.  I might take a chance on one that's not common. 

Tbf, I've never seen them as well!

What do you think of orange venezuelas if you have an enough tank size! They are my new fav from big ones. Def on my list to keep in the future.

Also seems to be breeding just like other corys from what I've seen.image.jpeg.e84f6371409f9b2db6797dc0bd4ba185.jpeg

On 2/4/2023 at 4:44 AM, Lennie said:

Tbf, I've never seen them as well!

What do you think of orange venezuelas if you have an enough tank size! They are my new fav from big ones. Def on my list to keep in the future.

Also seems to be breeding just like other corys from what I've seen.image.jpeg.e84f6371409f9b2db6797dc0bd4ba185.jpeg

My first go to was black Venezuelan. The problem is they are too big. The tank is going to be a 15 long. It's 24 inches long. I also kinda wanted to stay on the cheaper side. 1.  I'm broke myself but also 2.  Easier to move when I need to rehome. 

On 2/4/2023 at 1:47 PM, Cinnebuns said:

My first go to was black Venezuelan. The problem is they are too big. The tank is going to be a 15 long. It's 24 inches long. I also kinda wanted to stay on the cheaper side. 1.  I'm broke myself but also 2.  Easier to move when I need to rehome. 

Definitely understandable! Then I would personally give dwarf ones a try considering the tank size. Also they swim like normal schooling fish so will also provide mid level action where normal corries mostly sit on bottom.

Corydoras hastatus, pygmy cories or salt and peppers? Whichever you like the look of!

But I'm biased when it comes to dwarf cories. I should mention that one!😺

On 2/4/2023 at 5:03 AM, Lennie said:

Definitely understandable! Then I would personally give dwarf ones a try considering the tank size. Also they swim like normal schooling fish so will also provide mid level action where normal corries mostly sit on bottom.

Corydoras hastatus, pygmy cories or salt and peppers? Whichever you like the look of!

But I'm biased when it comes to dwarf cories. I should mention that one!😺

The C. Gryphus are a dwarf one just not a widely known one. I was going to do salt and pepper but a friend is heavily breeding them and moving to the area. We are coordinating our breeding so we don't compete with each other and might even start a site so they are off the table for me. 

• Like 1

On 2/4/2023 at 6:08 AM, Cinnebuns said:

The C. Gryphus are a dwarf one just not a widely known one. I was going to do salt and pepper but a friend is heavily breeding them and moving to the area. We are coordinating our breeding so we don't compete with each other and might even start a site so they are off the table for me. 

I’m tempted to to a species only tank for breeding Pandas… thanks to you and @nabokovfan87! Also looking at other corydoras as well… I’m gonna be in sooooo much trouble when my husband finds out what I’m up too! I’m blaming the two of you. !!

• Haha 2