Galaxy Rasbora with Grey fuzz band

BGoodyFish

Hello, This forum is really great! Thank you to all who are more knowledgeable than I. 

I've been treating this Galaxy Rasbora with Ich-x and very small doses of salt (because of planted aquarium I cannot go too high). With no success. I've been treating off and on for months with no success but it does not seem to bother her so i let her be for a while until recently I lost another rasbora in the same tank so I thought I would try treating again. Any suggestion on what this is and how to treat. I have plants in the aquarium. 

20230130_135251.jpg

It looks like columnaris but the fact it's been going on for a couple of  month means we can rule out columnaris that would have killed all your fish by now what are your water parameters ammonia nitrite nitrate etc do use a water treatment like prime when doing water @BGoodyFish

• Thanks 1

@Colu Thanks for the reply! I use Seachem pH Neutral regulator to treat water after water changes. 

Ammonia - 0

Nitrate - Usually around 10 but just did a water change so they are currently at 0

Nitrite - 0

Chlorine - 0

Total Harness - 80 ppm

Carbonate - 120 ppm(on the higher end)

pH - 7.6

Edited by BGoodyFish

On 1/30/2023 at 7:33 PM, BGoodyFish said:

Thanks for the reply! I use Seachem pH Neutral regulator to treat water after water changes. 

Ammonia - 0

Nitrate - Usually around 10 but just did a water change so they are currently at 0

Nitrite - 0

Chlorine - 0

Total Harness - 80 ppm

Carbonate - 120 ppm(on the higher end)

pH - 7.6

I think at this point it would be worthwhile doing course of kanaplex or maracyn2 and I would also add some Indian almond leaves as they have antibacterial and antifungal properties depending on the quality of the leaves you will have to add one leaf per gallon to get a beneficial effect 

Edited by Colu
  • Thanks 1